The University of North Alabama is a coeducational university located in Florence, Alabama. It is the state’s oldest four-year public university.
Warning: Division by zero in /home/crownedu/public_html/crown/wp-content/themes/crown/apus-campress/content-single.php on line 83
The University of North Alabama is the state’s oldest four-year public university in USA.
- Established in 1830
- Alabama’s oldest public 4-year university
- Beautiful 130-acre campus in historic Florence, Alabama—within walking distance of downtown restaurants, shops, and businesses
- UNA is located within a four-city area on the banks of the Tennessee River known as the Shoals: Florence, Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals, and Sheffield
- The Shoals is steepe
Tuition, Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Tuition is among the lowest in the state
- Roughly 1/3 of UNA students receive an institutional or endowed scholarship from the University
- Home to more than 300 students
- Benefits include small classes, scholarships and many extracurricular opportunities.
- More than 90% of Honors College graduates are employed in their degree fields or are pursuing graduate degree work
- A diverse population includes international students from 37 countries
- UNA offers a wide variety of study abroad programs including those in Costa Rica, Africa, France, Australia and China, among many others
Majors and Concentrations
- More than 140 majors and concentrations
- The University of North Alabama is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor’s, master’s and education specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of North Alabama.
- Able to award bachelor’s, master’s and education specialist degrees