- Price: AU$28,600
- Level: Degree
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Awarded by: Curtin University
Combine the key business fundamentals
Study accounting practice, business law, auditing, taxation and financial management. In this double major you’ll gain a broad understanding of the structure and operations of financial markets in Australia. You’ll learn about accounting principles and investment evaluation. You’ll decide how to fund activities and understand the roles played by financial markets and instruments.
During your first year of the Bachelor of Commerce you’ll complete common core units which will provide an introduction to the various aspects of business. You do not need to make a final decision on a single or combined major until your second semester.
- You’ll be provided with the skills required to become a professional accountant specialising in corporate and institutional finance. You will be equipped with the ability to successfully understand the theory and techniques underlying financial management.
- Career paths include auditor, financial analyst, financial planner, funds manager and future trading consultant.
This course can help you become a:
- Company Secretary
- Insurance Officer
- Financial Dealer and Broker
- Financial Dealer’s Assistant
- Tax Agent/Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Tax Advisor
- Credit Analyst
- Bank Manager
- Financial Planner
- Investment Banker
- Finance Manager
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent
Intakes: February, July
Course Duration: 3 years