This double degree offers students the opportunity to study a wide range of majors from the Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) and Commerce. Combining studies in arts and business has many benefits, including the ability to think outside the box and utilise both the left and right sides of the brain. Graduates are awarded with two degrees upon successful completion.
Studies in the arts focuses on creativity, problem solving, communication skills, and practical skills, with students able to utilise Curtin’s leading art, media and performance facilities. Meanwhile, studies in Commerce are career-orientated and equip students with the skills and knowledge required to be job-ready as soon as they graduate. This double degree provides you with diverse career opportunities both in Australia and overseas.
The majors available in this double degree are:
Anthropology and Sociology
Literary and Cultural Studies
Professional Writing and Publishing
- Double your career opportunities by gaining training in both arts and business.
- There is an extensive list of majors to choose from in both the Arts and Commerce degrees, allowing you to combine two areas of interest or complementary majors.
- The next big development in business has been touted the “creative industry”. This double degree will put you in good stead for this new up-and-coming industry.
- Combine left brain study (logic, facts, figures) with right brain study (creativity, ability to see the bigger picture).
- You will develop practical and industry-relevant skills in both areas. Many Humanities and Commerce majors also offer industry placements, and/or professional recognition with international organisations.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent
Intakes: February, July
Course Duration: 4 years