Broaden your opportunities and build the foundations of your business career in CQUniversity’s innovative Bachelor of Business. You will build the foundation business and management skills required to succeed in contemporary business by studying a unique course structure that features a management major, and learning from real-world case studies and scenarios.
Benefit from the flexibility to tailor your studies to pursue a particular area of interest. Complement your management major with a second area of interest including accounting, financial planning, human resources management, management, marketing, property and social innovation. Alternatively, you may tailor your studies by choosing two minors in areas such as digital media, human resource management, marketing or tourism, or opting to study eight elective units or a combination of minors, electives and the CQUni Global Outbound Program.
The success of CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Business lies with consistent review and industry consultation. This allows you to graduate with skills and knowledge highly desired by employers.
The Bachelor of Business is your gateway to a wide variety of positions in both the public and private sectors. On completing the course you will be qualified to work as an:
- Administration Officer or Manager
- Quality Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Manager
- Purchasing and Materials Manager.
Depending on your chosen major/s there are a number of professional associations that you may be eligible to apply for.
- As a Marketing graduate you may be eligible for membership with the Australian Marketing Institute and the Australian Market and Social Research Society.
- Upon completion of the Management major you may be eligible for membership with the Australian Institute of Management.
- The Property major is accredited by the Australian Property Institute. When you have successfully completed the program you will be eligible for Associate membership and Certified Property Practitioner certificate upon completion of a period of approved professional experience.
- The Human Resource Management major is accredited by the Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI). Graduates will be eligible for membership of AHRI upon successful completion of the course.
- The Financial Planning major is accredited by the Financial Planning Association (FPA). Full-time students enrolled in this course are eligible for free affiliation with the FPA, and have access to resources on the FPA website, the Financial Planning magazine, regular email communications, events and activities.
WHY STUDY AT CQUNIVERSITY
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management,management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing, social innovation and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or online. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses. For more information visit www.cqu.edu.au/study.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent
Intakes: March, July, November
Course Duration: 3 years