- Price: £12500
- Level: Master
- Category: IT/ Computing
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
One of a range of degrees from the taught Masters Programme at the School of Computer Science our course is especially designed for graduates of numerate subjects other than computer science. It is mostly taught separately from the other courses. It intensively covers a broad range of the key principles and techniques of computer science.
There is an emphasis on software development, in particular when applied to solving problems in other disciplines. Depending on the modules chosen, it can lead to a career in areas such as systems development, IT management, or the deployment of advanced applications in specific disciplines.
The MSc Computer Science course consists of two major parts: taught modules and an MSc project. Each taught module has an assigned number of credits (either 15 or 30). Some modules are compulsory and some are optional. The project is compulsory and has a modular value of 60. In order to obtain an MSc degree you must study and pass 120 credits of taught modules plus the project i.e. 180 credits in total.
Why choose this course?
- This MSc is available with an optional one year industry placement. The ‘with placement’ programmes give you additional industrial experience by applying the skills you have learned throughout your studies.
- A flexible course, part of our postgraduate master’s programme in Computer Science, with two different routes.
- Our course is especially designed for graduates of numerate subjects other than computer science.
- Taught by a highly-regarded and long-established computer science departmentwith strong links to business.
- Half the research outputs in Computer Science at the University of Hertfordshire have been rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree, IELTS 6.0
Course Duration: 2 Years (Including Mandatory Sandwich Placement Year)
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.