This graphic design course focuses mainly on creative commercial outcomes. Your design work will excite, challenge and persuade target audiences. The work will be varied and will involve designing anything from corporate graphics, logos, branding and corporate identity, brochures, annual reports, promotional items, web, mobile apps, packaging, typography, design, advertising, exhibitions, print and many other graphic outcomes.
Staff who teach on this course are themselves practicing professionals at the cutting edge of their field and they bring their industry insights and experience directly into their teaching. We have fantastic facilities, award-winning staff and students, and a focus on employability and cutting edge professional skills.
- ‘World-leading’ research in Art and Design, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- The Design programmes at Sunderland have been winning top international design awards and accolades for almost three decades. The most recent successes include the D&AD ‘The Best in Show’ and the Adobe Students Creative Awards
- 94.2% of our graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating, according to DLHE 2015/16 (based on UK undergraduate students)
- We are one of six institutions across the UK that is participating in The Design Council’s Design Academy Scheme. Design Academy is an interactive, four-day training programme for Design students at leading universities, helping to prepare students from a variety of disciplines for real-world design challenges by developing their strategic design capabilities
- Access to FabLab Sunderland on City Campus, part of a global network of digital fabrication spaces that provide 3D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters and a CNC router
Entry Requirement: GCSE grade C or above
Course Duration: 3 years
We’re known as the friendly University – we welcome students from all corners of the globe and have a number of events and activities to help you make new friends and settle in.