- Price: £14,000 in year 1 and £13,200 in years 2 and 4
- Level: Degree
- Category: Tourism and hospitality
- Awarded by: University of Portsmouth
Preparation for the international hospitality industry
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
Hospitality is one of the fastest-growing industries in the UK and worldwide, despite the ongoing economic challenges.
With a multitude of prospects in its varying fields, our course is packed with practical experiences, training in specialist environments and customer-facing scenarios so you gain a real taste of what it’s like to work within all areas of hospitality.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
On this course you can:
- Do a one-year placement working in a paid full-time role
- Delve into ‘live’ case studies based in hospitality organisations
- Opt to study a foreign language, options include French, German, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES MIGHT IT LEAD TO?
These days, financial rewards in the hospitality industry are attractive and positions are plentiful in this ever-expanding global market – great for those with an interest in travel. So whether you see yourself working at the Ritz or even opening your own restaurant, bar or hotel, we’ll equip you with the know-how and skills to get you there.
The University has been awarded Recognised University Status from the Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT).
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- event management
- operations management
- setting up their own business
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent
Course Duration: 4 years (with work placement)
The University of Portsmouth is a public university in the city of Portsmouth, England. The history of the university dates back to 1908, when the Park building opened as a Municipal college and public library.