- Price: £17425
- Level: Master
- Category: Business/ Managment
- Awarded by: Birkbeck University of London
The pace of the globalisation of national economies has accelerated in recent years, and this has led to a more dynamic relationship between international business activities and economic and social development.
This programme is suitable for graduates who are, or seek to be, employed in relevant government departments, non-governmental organisations, international agencies or private companies involved in, or related to, international business and economic development. It also provides a foundation for those wishing to undertake doctoral research in international business and development.
Topics covered include international business and economic and social development, international business strategies in both developed and emerging markets, public sector management, sustainable livelihoods and sustainable development, impact assessment, and resource and environmental management.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world’s leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Our international business courses draw on the expertise of Birkbeck’s International Business and Strategy Research Group, which is a leading centre in London for research, training and policy advice on foreign direct investment and knowledge diffusion, globalisation of innovative activities, comparative business systems and management, international human resource management and international business strategy. They combine specialist taught courses with general training in management, business organisation, strategy and research methods. In studying with Birkbeck, you can be confident that you are pursuing a qualification that is well respected by employers and academics.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Libraryand e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Entry Requirement: IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 1 year