The LLM International Business Law meets the current demand for specialist knowledge and skills in a rapidly expanding field. The course provides you with the opportunity to explore the legal regulation of the world of international business, and you’ll acquire knowledge and understanding of the aspects of substantive and procedural law.
You will study all the key areas of international business law, including international trade law, international intellectual property law, international competition law, corporate criminality and tax evasion.
Why Choose Us?
- You will learn from an outstanding and dedicated teaching team.
- This course is a conversion LLM – you don’t need a degree in Law to be eligible to study it.
- The course covers transnational jurisdictions, so it is international in scope
- The course has flexible delivery methods to suit your location and when you are able to study. You can enroll as either an on-campus student, flexible/blended learning student or as a distance learning student.
- You will have an opportunity to enhance your employability skills by completing an internship. Placement opportunities are also available at a range of European companies
- Birmingham City University has just launched the UK’s first Centre for Brexit Studies, researching all aspects of the UK’s vote to leave the EU, including the impact it has on domestic law and legislation.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a placement or complete a project as an alternative to a dissertation.
In addition we have active, student-led Legal, Mooting and Debate Societies. Our Student Mooting Society is one of the most successful in England, with our students reaching five finals in the past six years, regularly beating teams from some of the country’s most prestigious universities.
We also have a staff and student led Pro-Bono Unit that provides legal advice to the public.
Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree
Intakes: September, January
Course Duration: 1 Year