- Price: £12500
- Level: Master
- Category: Tourism and hospitality
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
The MSc International Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management programme is offered in full time (1 year mode) or part time (2 year mode). A new Sandwich version is offered in full time on a 2 year mode. The Sandwich programme has been designed to respond to the enhanced levels of skills and learning necessary to make key decision-making within the international tourism, hospitality and event industries. Governments, industry, and the media have all recently stated that there is a need for improved knowledge and skill levels within the sector. To reflect this, the programme has incorporated a one-year work experience module (minimum of 36 weeks) and field research, to enhance students’ skills and work experience and engage them directly with industry. Supervised work experience provides students with the opportunity to set their academic studies in a broader context, to gain practical experience in specific industry and to strengthen their communication and time-management skills. It greatly assists them in developing as independent learners, so that they will be able to gain maximum benefit from the learning opportunities provided
The course is also designed to cater for local and international professionals within the industry who wish to gain the necessary qualifications and theoretical awareness to enabling you to advance your careers or operations.
Why choose this course?
- Develop the skills and knowledge to build a career in the fast-paced international tourism, hospitality and event industry
- Benefit from the skills and international experience accumulated by a dedicated team of teaching staff and industry practitioners
- Gain an international perspective by studying with different cultures and applying theory taught in the classroom through live projects and case studies
Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree, IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 1 Year
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.