- Price: £12,000
- Level: Degree
- Category: Marketing
- Awarded by: Birmingham City University
Experience energy and ambition on our in-demand Marketing degree.
Work on real-life projects with leading clients, study an array of modern marketing principles and learn from the wider world of business with our BA (Hons) Marketing degree.
Our alignment with the CIM ensures our course content remains fresh, relevant and full of key industry insight making you industry-ready the second you graduate.
Placements are at the centre of your learning experience in order to ensure you are career-ready the moment you complete your studies. Numerous companies hold our placement students in high-regard thanks to their real-world practical skills.
What’s covered in the course?
We teach by using real business scenarios, so you’ll get the chance to draft marketing plans for actual companies, work on business case studies and gain work experience both within the University and with one of our industry contacts.
Why Choose Us?
- This degree course is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of marketing, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Recognising the global scope of marketing, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You’ll learn from industry experienced staff, and have the chance to network with fantastic guest speakers year-round. Our excellent links with Birmingham businesses mean everything about our course is linked to the constantly evolving marketing sector.
- We teach by using real business scenarios, so you’ll get the chance to draft marketing plans for actual companies, create marketing material and gain practical experience both within the University and with industry contacts.
- We have our own student-run, in-house marketing agency, The Link, where you can sharpen your skills with briefs and projects from leading businesses and organisations, such as Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Serco and Cure Leukaemia.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- All of our team have an open door policy offering drop-in tutorials to make sure you get as much advice as you need, when you need it, to get the most out of your time here.
Enhancing your employability skills
Your programmes will provide you with specific business knowledge and skills, appropriate to graduate careers in marketing. Our specialist pathways will enable you to reflect on the dynamism and vibrancy of the business environment, enhancing your career prospects in the process.
Alongside gaining marketing skills will be a range of transferrable attributes, which will see you become a highly desirable graduate, able to work in a number of different industries.
In addition, you could gain first-hand experience with the Link Marketing Agency, our voluntary, student-led agency which provides you with the chance to work with a wide variety of clients.
You will also have the chance to undertake a work placement, gaining valuable real-life skills in a professional working environment.
By choosing this course, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake a one-year, paid work placement. We have links with many businesses across industries, locally and worldwide. This means you’ll get really valuable, direct experience on your paid placement.
Previous students have undertaken placements with companies such as Sky, Johnson & Johnson, and Disney.
Whether you take the four-year or three sandwich route, the important thing about work placements is that they provide an opportunity for you to get to grips with working, meeting deadlines and working in a team. A placement enhances your knowledge in many ways, helping you with your course, as well as helping you to find out more about a job or industry, leading to more informed decisions upon graduation.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent
Course Duration: 3 years