Marketing is the process by which companies determine what products or services may be of interest to customers, and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development.
This programme provides a comprehensive understanding of the relevance and necessity of marketing. You will be introduced to marketing theory, marketing mixes, and current issues and future trends of marketing and be confronted with a number of relevant issues, including branding, customer relationship management, e-marketing and green marketing. You will also develop objective insights into the subject matter; and learn about marketing decision-making processes.
The programme is up to date, intellectually inspiring and relevant, and attracts high-quality, highly motivated students from around the globe.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world’s leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Birkbeck has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their Multi-Award Pathway (MAP). CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and MAP, alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
- Our MSc Marketing suite (consisting of MSc Marketing, MSc International Marketing, MSc Marketing Communications and MSc Sport Marketing) has been mapped against CIM/CAM qualifications to offer our students exemptions.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Libraryand e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Entry Requirement: IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 1 year