- Price: £11950
- Level: Degree
- Category: Engineering
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
You will study the fundamental skills and knowledge required by a modern engineer including principles of flight and an introduction to aircraft systems. In particular you will be introduced to computer packages commonly used in the aerospace industry. You will learn about the design process and will have the opportunity to work on the Class 200 Formula Student car.
Whilst this course shares some modules with both the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Automotive Engineering programmes, it gives you flexibility to gain employment across a broader range of industries. It is also the first step towards gaining chartered engineer status.
Why choose this course?
- This BEng Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering has been highly successful and over the years produced thousands of successful graduates working in all fields of engineering;
- You can apply your knowledge to typical mechanical projects such as the design of a hovercraft;
- You may join the automotive students and help design, build and race single-seater race car in the UK Formula Student Competition;
- You may join aerospace students on projects involving Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), rocketry and space tourism;
- You will learn how to apply computer-aided engineering and industrial-standard software, recommended by the Automotive Industry Advisory Panel.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent, IELTS 6.0
Course Duration: 3 years
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.