- Price: £12500
- Level: Master
- Category: Psychology
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
This programme combines high level vocational training with academic rigour. It prepares successful graduates for careers in a variety of areas including consultancy, specialist roles within organisations, research and areas of technical expertise. The MSc Occupational Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society and forms the first year of the Qualification in Occupational Psychologists.
The overriding aim of this programme is to provide students with specialist knowledge and a comprehensive suite of skills required to practise as Occupational Psychologists in a wide range of organisational environments.
The course includes the following areas:
- Psychological Assessment at Work
- Learning, Training and Development
- Leadership, Engagement and Motivation
- Research and Professional Skills
- Well-being at work
- Work Design, Organisational Change and Development
And an option from:
- Human Resource Management for psychologists
- Strategic Management for psychologists
- Marketing for psychologists
- Consulting Skills
You will also carry out a project which is a substantial piece of investigative work, normally carried out in an external organisation. Host organisations for MSc projects have included large commercial concerns in both manufacturing and service sectors, a range of consultancies, charities, and in local government and government departments.
Projects are sometimes conducted abroad; past locations include Germany, Greece, Turkey, Malaysia, Kenya, Indonesia, China, India and Taiwan.
Staff who teach on the course include permanent academic staff who have industrial experience and who undertake regular consultancy work, and external psychologists from consultancies, large organisations and other universities. Teaching and learning methods include lectures, workshops, seminars, tutorials and practical sessions. There is an emphasis on putting theory into practice.
Why choose this course?
- This programme provides many of the professional skills and competencies needed to become a Chartered Occupational Psychologist and to apply psychology in the workplace
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society, and counts towards gaining Chartered Occupational Psychologist status
- One of the largest psychology departments in the country
- Our staff are actively engaged in significant research which is reflected by our excellent, Grade 4 rating in the Higher Education Funding Council’s last Research Assessment Exercise.
- We were awarded a Teaching Quality rating of excellent (23 out of 24) in our subject review
- A vibrant research seminar series – with contributions by leading academics from across the country
Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree, IELTS 6.5
Intakes: September, January
Course Duration: 1 Year
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.