- Price: £11950
- Level: Master
- Category: Health/ Medicine
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
Pharmacists are experts in medicines and a trusted source of health advice and treatment. They are the most accessible of the health professionals. The role of pharmacists in the provision of healthcare is developing in new ways to support patients with their medicines through medicine management schemes and non-medical prescribing. Pharmacists are involved in the drug design, development and formulation of medicine.
The four year Pharmacy degree programme (MPharm) has been developed to give you a thorough understanding and advanced knowledge of pharmacy theory and practice. The MPharm programme includes the study of science and healthcare. The aims of the course are to provide you with the relevant scientific knowledge and skills to be a pharmacist. You will develop an understanding of normal and abnormal bodily functions and be able to apply your knowledge to the treatment of patients. You will learn about the role of the pharmacist in healthcare and in the pharmaceutical industry and develop interpersonal skills such as communication, application of information technology and group working within the context of the profession.
The University of Hertfordshire Department of Pharmacy welcomes the diversity of its student body, however, in some lectures, workshops, clinical classes and placements, laboratory or clinical simulation situations students may not be able to comply with religious dress requirements due to health and safety considerations and/or the need for communication between individuals.
Why choose this course?
- Excellent facilities including a simulated pharmacy and refurbished chemistry labs. See our virtual tour of our new science building
- Placement visits in all years of the programme
- Regular promotion of work experience opportunities as well as workshops preparing you for working as a pharmacist including interview techniques, NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) evidence workshops, work placements, negotiating workplace politics, Q and A sessions for applying for pre-registration employment.
- Mentoring programme between students of all years
- Active Pharmacy Society
- Lecture series with bodies such as the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the BPSA
- Encouraged attendance at local Pharmacy events such as the local practice forum and national competitions
- Summer Scholarships/Summer Research Projects with researchers from the University.
- Accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Interprofessional learning opportunities
- University is well placed geographically and has strong links with local healthcare providers and pharmaceutical industries
- Friendly and supportive staff: Find out more about our Pharmacy staff here
We also have an on Campus Pharmacy which provides an over the counter service and advice to students and staff at the University of Hertfordshire.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent, IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 4 years
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.