- Price: £13,000
- Level: Degree
- Category: Psychology
- Awarded by: Middlesex University London
Our psychology degree offers excellence in research-led teaching and can lead to a wealth of career routes, from advising governments on policy to priming elite sports teams.
Why study BSc Psychology at Middlesex University?
We teach the essential theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of human behaviour, which forms the essential foundations for further training in a specialist field of psychology, or for entering a wide range of related careers. We offer both a broad and thorough grounding in key psychological disciplines from cognitive and social psychology to biological and developmental psychology.
- Our psychology teaching and research facilities include specialist laboratories and counselling practice rooms
- Our course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) giving students the ‘Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership’: an essential step for qualifying as a psychologist
- Expert teaching staff who are leading researchers in health psychology, forensic psychology and qualitative research
- Our academics are regularly and widely published – Professor Olga van den Akker, for example, is renowned for her research into psychology and human fertility
- As a student of this course you’ll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
- Middlesex was ranked as the top modern university in London for psychology in the 2016 Complete University Guide.
How can the BSc Psychology support your career?
There are excellent employment prospects for Psychology graduates and salaries in this field are excellent. The range of professional skills that you will develop ensures that you are highly valued across the economy. You will have received the perfect academic grounding to progress into postgraduate study in areas such as educational, clinical, forensic, health and occupational psychology, or to become a charted psychologist. You could also progress into successful careers as counsellors, social workers, teachers and academics or pursue careers in areas such as law, business management or education.
You could be working in roles such as rehab associate, assistant psychologist, social therapist, support worker, learning support assistant, sports coach, and marketing assistant in organisations including:
- North East London Health Trust
- Homerton Hospital
- Cygnet Healthcare
- Homestart Primary School
- Pro Star Academy
- Royal Free Hospital
What support is available?
Our Employability Service can help you to develop your employability skills and get some valuable work experience. We provide workshops, events and one to one support with job hunting, CVs, covering letters, interviews, networking. We also support you in securing part-time work, placements, internships, and volunteering opportunities, and offer an enterprise support service for those looking to start their own business.
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent, IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 3 years