- Price: £11950
- Level: Degree
- Category: Psychology
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
This three year (full time) BSc Honours Psychology degree at the University of Hertfordshire has a reputation for academic excellence, practical value and intellectual rigour. The degree provides a grounding in all major areas of psychology and our graduates are widely recognised as being thoroughly prepared for employment or for entry into postgraduate research and professional training courses. Success is reflected by relatively high levels of employment for our graduates reported through monitoring of first destination statistics.
We offer exceptionally well equipped laboratories with excellent computing facilities. There is a friendly and supportive atmosphere along with a lively and stimulating intellectual approach to the subject. Our staff are actively engaged in significant research which is reflected by our excellent rating in the Higher Education Funding Council’s recent Research Assessment Exercise. Our undergraduate students benefit from the active research environment. We also obtained a rating of excellent in a recent subject review. We have many students studying for Masters degrees in Business and Industry Psychology and Research Methods in Psychology. There is also a clinical doctorate within the Department.
All of these factors contribute to an active, friendly and forward looking Department of Psychology committed to both teaching and research and promoting both the subject of psychology and the development of our students.
Why choose this course?
- One of the largest psychology departments in the country
- Our Psychology degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Our staff are actively engaged in significant research which is reflected by our excellent, Grade 4 rating in the Higher Education Funding Council’s last Research Assessment Exercise. See a list of our Psychology staff here.
- Well equipped laboratories with excellent computing facilities
- We were awarded a Teaching Quality rating of excellent (23 out of 24) in our subject review.
- Work experience module in second year so students can understand various ways to apply their learning
- A range of career focussed optional modules, including educational, counselling, forensic, and clinical psychology.
- A vibrant research seminar series- contributed to by leading academics from across the country
- Optional Study Abroad year in places such as USA, Canada and Australia
Entry Requirement: Year 12 equivalent, IELTS 6.0
Course Duration: 3 years
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.