- Price: £12500
- Level: Master
- Category: Psychology
- Awarded by: University of Hertfordshire
The Masters in Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire is for people who have degrees in other subjects, but who wish to obtain Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) [formerly known as Graduate Basis for Registration (GBR) with the British Psychological Society, which is the first necessary step towards becoming a professional psychologist.
On successfully completing the course, you will:
- Have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of psychological theories and literature to be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society;
- Have developed a more detailed knowledge of the literature, theories, and issues relevant to your career ambitions;
- Be able to design, carry out, and evaluate psychological research using a variety of methodologies, including the ability to conduct an advanced research project;
- Be able to conduct ethically sensitive research.
Students enrolled on the MSc programme will study core modules covering the broader psychological principles of developmental, social and cognitive psychology and the biological basis of psychology. This will be contextualised by historical issues in psychology and individual research methods and analysis.
The MSc programme is flexible enough to allow individual tailoring to particular interests or career aspirations. Masters students have to study two additional modules, selected from the following modules (subject to availability):
- Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- Advanced Topics in Memory.
- Forensic and Criminal Psychology.
- Topics in Psychopathology
- Occupational and Work Psychology
Why choose this course?
This course provides an intensive route into gaining a psychology qualification recognised by the British Psychological Society, allowing to pursue a professional career in psychology.
Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree, IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 1 Year
The University is the UK’s leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.