This programme is designed to give you the skills and expertise you need to compete in the football industry and related businesses and organisations, by combining specialist teaching about the principles and practice of sport and football business management and economics with general training in management, business organisation, strategy and research methods.
It covers several key areas, such as governance and regulatory issues, with emphasis on the wider sport and football sectors. It will help you to develop a deeper understanding of management, governance and regulatory issues within the business of sport, and in the business of football in particular.
It is ideally suited to the needs of executives within a variety of sport and football organisations, such as professional football clubs, sport governing bodies and media organisations. The programme is also ideal for members of supporters’ organisations, government officials with responsibilities in the sport (specifically football) sectors, as well as people with a general interest in the sport, football and media industries. It is relevant for anyone seeking a broad education that will act as a platform for securing employment in the football industry or related sector.
- A comprehensive review of the theory and practice of the business and management of sport with particular reference to the football industry.
- Visiting speakers include experts from the legal profession, football clubs and football regulatory authorities.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world’s leading journals.
- Linked to Birkbeck’s Sport Business Centre, one of the world’s leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Entry Requirement: IELTS 6.5
Course Duration: 1 year